Sunday, January 4, 2009

New year, new semester, new roommates, new everything

So it has been quite awhile since I last wrote...which can be attributed to quite a lot of different factors. But surmise it to say, I survived finals...did better than survived too. I managed to cram and multiple guess my way to almost all A's with the exception of an A- in dance and a B+ in economics which kept my GPA at a solid 3.89 so that I don't have to worry about losing my scholarship or anything. At least not yet. Finals week was full of friends, study, moving Samuel out to get him to Jerusalem, messing around in the snow, cleaning, etc. I finished them all by Wednesday but was unable to finally head home until Friday. But I got home Saturday and was immediately swept away by my family and later my friends. Being home over break for a week was a blast and a half. My time was spent crammed with family, friends, wrapping presents, unwrapping presents, parties, sleeping, driving (amazing!), and shopping. I was just ridiculously busy the entire time, but loving it as well. Christmas was amazing - I got the eclectic collection of gifts anyone could ever have thought to ask for that range from a Lion King hat to a crockpot and a miniature scarecrow to a new cell phone. Oh, plus I got an M&M dispenser which I am looking forward to using all semester. There was also a party that I ended up throwing which was only supposed to be a "few friends" but ended up over 50 people according to my mom's count and 75 according to my brother's. Suffice it to say there were a lot of people at my house and my mom decided the theme was "missions". Everyone was talking about their call and when they were leaving and such and Jerem actually opened his call that night. It just reminded me that mine is still so far off and not seeming to approach any faster while I my friends are already leaving around me. My last night I was able to spend with friends was Saturday night and the amazing Leilani took me, Sarah, Aubrey, Rachel, and herself out to Cheesecake Factory for Christmas. It was astoundingly delicious. The food was amazing, the cheesecake was even better and just talking about anything and everything between us felt like home again. These are the people who know me far too well probably to their liking but they still love me and even hang out with me and I thank and appreciate them for that. They are all my best friends and people I can go to whenever I have trouble and I know they will do their best to help me find a solution to the problem. That to me is simply amazing. Well, after one week down in Mesa it was time to head back up to the frozen northland of Utah and crash there with all sorts of family just playing around for the entire week. And now I have to start getting ready for everything new. My new classes should be all set up already or so my hope is. Im excited for all of them, even though history looks like it is going to be a killer, a big killer. But I love history...so I hope to make it through. My new roommate Robert seems fairly cool as far as any of us can tell so far. He is a lifeguard anyway, so that automatically makes him awesome. I have a new work schedule and might have to get another new one if this one doesn't work out. Truth is, Im thinking about quitting but Im just not sure yet. Life is going to be extremely hectic this semester and work gives me a good break from studying or partying to just work with my hands and clear my head of everything. But with dance, orchestra, choir, geology, biology, world history, and social recreational leadership - my time is going to be fairly constricted as it is. Fun, but very busy and always on the go. Plus there is an ice skating class everyone wants me to add and that I would just audit. I think that would be an ultimate epic fail if I did go, but I would really like to learn how to at the same time. The good thing is that I have at least one friend in each of my classes and can always make new ones in every one. It makes the year a much more fun experience to get to know more people. So I think that covers everything for right now. Except that I am getting sick...but that is hardly new. It seems to happen to me everytime I come up here. Must be something different in the air or something that sets off my allergies because I clear up rapidly when I am at my Mesa home. Hopefully, my next post will be from my house next Sunday so that I got to hear Joe's and Samuel's farewell. But I will just have to see.

Thought of the week: "It didn't come wrapped up in packages, boxes, or bags...maybe Christmas perhaps was a little bit more" and the whole entrie rest of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas book by Dr. Seuss. One of the most amazing morals from the Christmas season to be cherished and examplified throughout the entire year.

Song of the week: "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf has been stuck running through my head for the entire break. It has a good beat even if all the words really don't make sense.

Picture of the week:

No comments: