Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adjusted back already?!? You decide...


Good afternoon! And Happy Sunday!!!
This has been an absolutely fantastic week so far. Getting back into the swing of school has been a great experience. I have a lot of study time built into my schedule in between classes during the day. I spend 2 or 3 hours a day in the library going through all my anatomy for the most part. I find it to be one of the most fascinating subjects ever! I could spend all day going through all the different parts of the body and what they do and I would be ecstatic. The other classes I spend a small amount of time studying for are PD bio and statistics. Neither of those seem hard though. Statistics is all common sense and Mr. Higbee covered way above and beyond the depth of the honors biology class that I am registered in currently. Having Lora in the same class as me is also a ton of fun. I am going to try my hardest to make sure that I can get the higher grade on every possible quiz, test, or assignment. It is on! I have found people in almost every class now that I know which makes life so much better. Also, getting to know the ward members better here at Liberty Square, lots of really fun and amazing people. Everything is just fantastic.

Lots of random adventures this week as well. The highlight would have to be the dance/paint fight I went to last night. Courtenay, Lauren, and Will went with me. We met up with Will's old roommate and friend there as well. Also, one of the ticket sellers was Sister Maudsley from the first area of my mission. Talk about crazy coincidence. That was fun. It was a clubbing kind of experience for the three hours of dance time at the beginning. All bass and electronic mixes of popular songs. Some turned out pretty good, others not so much. It was fun to dance in our own little circle though. Then we got squirt guns filled with neon paint and got to squirt it at each other. We all ended up covered! Courtenay got me really good in the ear. I have gone through about 7 Q-tips so far trying to get all the paint cleaned out. It was the most epic adventure I have had in a long time. This week we also started to use our Pass of all Passes. Right now, only Kelly Ann, Jared, Will, and I have them. We went up to the Tralfaga up in Lehi and played some blacklight minigolf and road one of those bouncy up-and-down drop rides. We will have to play lasertag/rock climb and other things another day. Not a bad deal for $30 and good for the whole year plus soon can go iceskating, skiing, and so much more. And guess what happened in minigolf? I got a hole-in-one on my first hole. All the way up the wall and around the corner and made it in!!! After that, my game might have been not that good. But I started out on fire :) Oh, confession of the week. I loved watching the movie version of Sense and Sensibility (I would have that italicized but my computer was freaking out and wouldn't agree to it). It was, without a doubt, the funniest movie I have seen since I came back home from my mission. Courtenay is going to make sure I now get to see all the rest of the movie versions of the classic Jane Austen books. She says that they are all that great. Who knew what I was missing out on this whole time? Also, we have the projector all set up now with nice speakers and everything. We had a movie night to honor the newly returned missionaries in my apartment. We watched Megamind and it was a riot. Much more funny watching with a lot of people and being in a really humorous mood (not having just tore ligaments in my ankle like last time).

So all-in-all a very busy and productive week. I get a lot of study hours and a lot of fun hours. Most the time, staying off my knee which is superb. I can't wait to be able to start playing sports eventually though or at least hiking or something. I am studying hard though. No worries about that, I am not reliving freshman year or anything and I am sleeping a lot more. Or at least lying in bed for more hours relaxing. I did manage to already catch a cold. My voice is much deeper than normal and I have a cough/runny nose. It hasn't slowed me down much yet though. I hope it goes away soon. My knee is doing ok, as long as I stay off it as much as possible. I also need to always sit somewhere in class where I can stretch my leg out because if I bend it that long, it doesn't support me after class is over. I am learning my limits and trying to stretch as much as I can each and everyday. My knee continues to get better and better. It just isn't fully there yet. My ankle has not given me anymore problems. Thank goodness, God has blessed me to only have one injury at a time. Which is all I can take I think. I can't think of much else to report on right now. I am loving life and everything about it. I really do miss my family is the only downside. They are amazing, the best anyone could ever dream of. Also, Mesa friends are missed, but these next few months will fly by and I will be home before you know it. Things will be and are great!!! I hope everyone else is happy and doing well!

Picture of the week:

No comments: